Friday, May 15, 2009

Because I can, and if I can, I must (according to Mogge)

So, I thought I'd share a few little amusements... for no other reason than the fact that I like videos and words and music and suchlike.


First of all, Taylor Mali. This guy is awesome. He does these poem/speech thingies that are super and wonderful. Like The Impotence of Proofreading , Like, You Know, and What Teachers Make. Yeah.


I really like music (rock, folk, Celtic, awesomeness) so... I guess I'll pick a band to feature... Crosby, Stills, and Nash. Awesome rock group with a sort of folksiness. Their songs are very calm and often quite deep. Faves: Southern Cross (w/ lyrics), Suite: Judy Blue Eyes (from Woodstock) , and I guess.. Cathedral . It's not my favorite but I couldn't find a good version of Carry On/Questions.


Also, I really like Billy Joel. He's awesome. The voice is incredible. So, this song, and this one, and that also. That's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. they're called poetry slams
    and yeah, he's amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's Goodnight, My Angel/Lullaby?

    ReplyDelete